Sunday, August 23, 2009

Accidental Felons write to the book's author

i put a stop notice on a check because of extremely poor work done on a transmission..I expected to wind up in civil court for a settlement..however I never heard from the vendor..i was working overseas, after three years i went to the Scottsdale police department to get a verification on a document..I was arrested and put in jail as a felon for passing a bad check..i had no idea there was a warrant for my arrest there was no notification..the detective working the case knew of the stop notice at the bank, verified there was money to cover the check, said it was a civil matter however the prosecutors office maintained it was a felony ..my attorney advised me to plea to a misdemeanor as it would a long time and cost up to $50,000 to defend..when arrested, prior to booking, i had to be taken from jail to the hospital because because the stress aggravated a heart condition .what can we do to stop this madness..

No comments:

Post a Comment